Our fees for either bringing or defending claims for unfair/wrongful dismissal are charged at an hourly rate of £125.00 + VAT per hour.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as barrister fees etc. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Counsel’s fees vary depending on experience of the advocate. For a 1 day hearing, Counsels fee range between £2000.00 + VAT to £4000.00 + VAT. If the hearing is listed for more than 1 day, Counsels fees can vary from £2000.00 + VAT to £6000.00 + VAT for the first day and between £750.00 + VAT to £1750.00 + VAT (known as a refresher fee) for each day thereafter.
Our £125.00 + VAT per hour charge covers all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
- Preparing claim or response
- Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
- preparing or considering a schedule of loss
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
preparing bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
- agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.
How long will my matter take?
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 3-12 months. This is just an estimate and we will of course be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
Thank you again for the considerable assistance you provided during this case. It was a pleasure to work with you. I was especially grateful for all your advice and support with witness statements, bundles, the whole process. It was invaluable to have you re assure the witnesses, as for them, this was their first time in a hearing. I believe that without your support, extensive knowledge and experience we would have not got the outcome we did.
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed (defended) and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, our fees will revert to our discounted hourly rate of £100.00 + VAT per hour.
Our fee (inclusive of VAT)
|£1500.00 – £3000.00||£115.00||£420.00||£535.00|
|£3000.00 – £5000.00||£205.00||£1200.00||£1405.00|
|£5000.00 – £10,000.00||£455.00||£1500.00||£1955.00|
|£10,000.00 – £15,000.00||5% of the value of the claim||£2400.00||verified once Court fee can be confirmed|
|£15,000.00 – £200,000.00||5% of the value of the claim||£120.00 per hour (inclusive of VAT)|
|£200,000.00 and above||£10,000.00||£180.00 per hour (inclusive of VAT)|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt. Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 30 days (maybe less depending on the terms of the Judgment), providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
- If the debt becomes disputed, our fees will revert to the discounted hourly rate of £100.00 + VAT per hour.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties (these fees are separate to our fees), such as barrister fees etc. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Counsel’s fees vary depending on experience of the advocate.
Matters usually take 6-12 months from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Contract review and drafting, advice and services for contract, debt, employment and property matters.Business Legal Services
Contract review and drafting, contract disputes, debt recovery, restrictive covenants, general legal advice.Contractor Legal Services
Eviction of tenants, recovery of rent arrears, disputes with tenants, deposit protection, contract review and drafting, general legal advice.Landlord Legal Services
Consumer contract disputes, debt recovery, employment disputes, property disputes, general legal advice.Individual Legal Services
On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulations came into effect. This has had a significant impact on every business.GDPR Legal Services
Vantage Legal Protect is delighted to offer businesses a highly competitive debt recovery service relating to unpaid invoices.Debt Recovery Services